Monday, January 18, 2010

Home after the holidays

So I spent the winter festivus in Bolivia and am home with my family now cause I have no job or apartment, which I miss terribly today but I made my bed so I must now lie in it. Plus the momenator needs me. It was nice to do nothing after a couple pretty major travel days but now I'm bored out of my mind. I can only sit idly for a couple of days then I get antsy and my mind starts to wander. The little man on the stationary bike in my head is on overdrive. I've been trying to be a good daughter by making dinner every night cause my dad likes it and try to keep my mom in good spirits. Just in case you didn't know when a family member gets cancer the whole family goes through it.
All that being said I am still 31 years old and have been on my own since I was 18 and living with the rents is not my style. I'm trying to keep myself busy till we go to Asia which is soon (hopefully) cause I have already finished a novel in 3 days, baked and perfected the apple/almond torte, come up with a new lamb dish, surfed the internet like a madwoman for airline tickets and watched some really bad movies that were kind of amazing.
So call me insane but does Helen Mirren look amazing in White Nights or what?
This movie is really bad it's with Mikhail Baryshnikov & Gregory Hines showing off their dancing skills while trying to escape the USSR. Helen Mirren is pulling some major looks and I mildly want her floppy bangs plus she gets to make out with Baryshnikov before he started looking like an old woman. Baryshnikov's outfit is pretty stylin too for 1980's USSR.


I also watched the cinematic feat Suspect with Cher & Dennis Quaid which is mediocre at best BUT Cher has bad hair. Cher NEVER has bad hair. You decide.



I'm going to try exercise tomorrow maybe it will quiet the little man.

1 comment:

tracy said...

White Nights friggin' rules.